My longtime family friend Kathy is an amazing cook. She has a real gift and whenever my family gets word that Kathy’s doing the cooking for a get-together, there is 100% attendance (no small feat). A long time ago I remember Kathy making these amazing stuffed mushrooms, and marveling at its paucity of ingredients. Technically, just three.
The simplicity of this recipe belies an absolute flavor taste explosion of umami. These work great at adult parties paired with wine, but kids love ’em too! Try variations on this recipe by adding bacon bits or garlic to the mixture!
There’s really no excuse not to try this amazing recipe – great for hors d’oeuvres or a potluck PTA meeting. Thanks for the recipe, Kathy!
Sausage & Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- baking sheet
- mixing bowl
- 16 oz fresh whole mushrooms, washed & de-stemmed - After washing, give each stem a firm twist to make the little mushroom caps a nice "plate" for holding the stuffing
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz ground beef
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Brown the beef in a skillet, remove from heat.
- Add in the cream cheese until melty and well-combined
- Fill the mushroom caps with the sausage cheese mixture and place on baking sheet
- Roast for 10-12 minutes at 325°F